A summary of the key items that need to be considered and resolved prior to the start of teaching.
- Application deadline for academic sabbaticals.
- Request for staff academic duty preferences for following session.
- Begin work on allocation of academic duties.
- Decision on portfolio of courses for following session, aim to have a course list by end of calendar year.
- Teaching staff to finalise any course adjustments or proposals in time for January BoS meeting.
- Publication of academic sabbaticals for following session.
- Resolve allocation of teaching and administrative duties.
- Final BoS meeting; finalising course proposals, approvals and DPT edits
- Publication of teaching and administrative duties for the following session.
- Contact staff to check on any lecture timetabling preferences for following session.
- Contact staff to confirm scheduling of all tutorials and lab sessions for following session.
- Check timetabling preferences with Year Organisers.
- Begin work on any DPT revisions required for following session.
- Begin work on CCAM revisions for following session's DRPS, including assessment information.
- Confirm individual course instances for following session with Director of Teaching.
- Publication of final teaching timetable for following session.
- Confirm completion of EUCLID CCAM and DPT records for following session.
- Check that correct course instance information has been fed into timetabling software.
- Begin work on allocation of course room and equipment bookings using activity templates.
- University publishes DRPS for following session, containing updated EUCLID content approved at BoS.
- Aim to complete activity templates and event requests prior to start of examination diet.
- Deadline for provisional publication of course guides to assist with early course registration.
- Contact staff to request teaching support bids for following session, deadline early June.
- Contact staff to request tutoring preferences for following session, deadline early June.
- Begin work on September induction programme.
- Teaching support resource allocation meeting, negotiations with staff to be complete by end July.
- Completion of negotiations with staff re teaching support resource bids.
- schedule following session's BoS, Teaching and Recruitment Committee meeting dates.
- Advertise teaching support vacancies for following session, working with staff to complete appointments asap.
- Student induction, including all course induction presentations [week 0].
- Start of teaching, all taught students register course choices [week 1].
- Complete allocation of taught students to all teaching events, post registration [week 2].
- Advertise exam setting schedule for December, April and August diets.
- Advise staff that curriculum changes for following session require BoS approval before end January.