The stages involved in getting course approval.
Stage 1 [after BoS approval]
- enter course details on EUCLID using documentation approved by BoS
- attach the BoS descriptor and case for support as supporting documentation [College need this in order to approve the course]
- submit the course for level 1 approval
Stage 2 [after initial entry on EUCLID]
- check that the course proposal is complete, and suitably formatted
- double check that the correct supporting documents have been linked to the course description
- submit the course for level 2 [College] approval
- mail Lynda Henderson at College [firstname.lastname@example.org] to notify her that we've submitted a course proposal for CLTC approval
Stage 3 [after approval from College]
- complete the latter stages of the data entry, checking on timetable slots, instances etc
- is the new course intended as a replacement of an existing course? If 'no'; no further action required, if 'yes'; see below:
- close the existing course
- remove the old course from DPTs and course collections
- inform external Schools where we don't own the DPT
- check on whether the new course needs to be included in any DPT
- contact College to request that the new DPT be created, using this form:
- once created, update the DPT template to include the information approved at the BoS
- check with Ian Stark that he is happy with the format and structure of the DPT
- confirm whether it should be listed as 'active' or remain 'inactive'
- check whether the new DPT is a replacement for an existing programme, if so please check on when the old DPT should be changed to 'inactive'
Useful EUCLID Documentation