Health & Safety Committee
An overview of the Health & Safety Committee membership and remit.
The School Health, Safety and Security Committee is chaired by the Head of School and meets annually.
The Committee promotes a positive attitude to health and safety amongst staff and students and acts as a focus for observations on the problems of health and safety.
Remit of the Committee:
- To advise the Head of School on health, safety and security matters within the School.
- To review the School's health and safety policy and safe codes of working practice.
- To act as a forum for consultation and discussion on matters relating to health, safety and security.
- To examine and discuss the findings of internal and external safety inspections and audits.
- To examine the School's accident and near-miss incident reports.
Membership of the Committee:
|Prof. Johanna Moore||Convener|
|David Hamilton||Health and Safety Adviser|
|Prof. Bob Fisher||School Laser Supervisor|
|Martin Wright||Director of Professional Services|
|Jim Ashe||Director of Commercialisation and Industry Engagement|
|Douglas Howie||M.S.F. Union Representative|
|Alison Downie||Computing Representative|
|Tom Whigham||Technical Representative|
Minutes and Papers
All papers presented to this committee must use the template below:
|31st May 2017|
|30th September 2016|
|13th February 2015|
Raising an Issue
Any member of School who wishes to raise a health and safety or security related item at this Committee should inform their Committee Representative or the Health and Safety Manager/Assistant.
Multi-Occupancy Building Users Group (MOBUG) Committees are established for Appleton Tower and the Forum to focus on fire safety related issues. The convener, Dave Hamilton, is given the authority by the Head of School to ensure that all fire safety matters appertaining to both buildings are maintained. The MOBUG committees have representatives from the Fire Safety Unit, Estates and Buildings and each Department or Unit occupying the building.