How to raise a purchase order.
Purchase orders should be raised by admin staff. Purchase Orders for Computing equipment or computing consumables can be placed by the Admin offices up to the value of £100, computing equipment costing more should be ordered via Mohammed Javaid in the Computing Support Team.
Here you can find guidelines for raising PO on e-financials.
Raising a purchase order (e-Financials)
- Purchase Orders can be raised on e-Financials.
- Obtain charge codes from your Finance Administrator when raising P.O.s
- The only standard codes are 747DIV/4402/G40541 when ordering stationery for the School’s stationery stores
- For other purposes, including non-standard stationery being charged elsewhere, please obtain codes from your F.A. as coding depends on the budget status
- Print P.O.
- Get it approved and signed by appropriate authorised signatory responsible for the cost centre you are charging to (or Julie Young/Martin Wright in their absence)
- Send the signed copy to supplier (fax/mail)
- Send another signed copy immediately to Finance Administrator for their records, to comply with audit requirements
- Note the separation of duties rule applies here – originator, authoriser and the one good-receipting should be different people.
Upon arrival of goods
- Complete a Goods Received Note (green form) entering the charge codes delivery note number, charge codes, date and particulars of delivery
- Send the GRN to Finance Administrator together with the Delivery Note (if available).
- F.A. will then good receipt the order on the system and initiate payment.
- If any goods need to be returned with a view to being replaced or refunded, please complete the Goods Return Proforma (orange form).
- Send it to your Finance Administrator who will be able to see if any further action has to be taken on the order.
- When goods are returned it is imperative to complete the correct paperwork to make sure the correct procedure is followed on eFinancials to avoid incomplete P.O.s pending on the system.
In order to complete the process of payment for orders, the Finance Administrator needs:
- Signed Purchase Order
- Completed and signed GRN pro-forma
- Delivery Note (if available).
Authorisation of purchase orders in absence
Purchase order originators can type into the authoriser box a three letter code of an alternative authoriser if they are aware that their usual authoriser is absent.
Not appointing someone can cause problems for all involved – order initiators (admin staff) and e-financials system people.