Staff availability for 2019/20 recruitment round
A summary and table of staff commitment to recruitment events for 2019/20.
All academic staff are required to spend at least 4 hours a year on undergraduate recruitment activities. This commitment can be satisfied by doing one or more of the following:
- Sessions at Offer Holder Days - OHDs (1-2-1's), these usually last 1.15 hours (3.00-4.15pm on OHD days).
- Sessions at on the Information Desk at the University Open Days, normally 2 hours each.
- Presenting a talk at OHDs or Open Days (30min talk plus preparation time, i.e. revising the existing slides).
- Giving a talk or presentation at some off-campus careers event (e.g. at a local school).
- Informally talking to applicants and their parents during the process of the OHDs, either at lunch or during the 1-2-1 times.
- Seeing students who make ad hoc visits and want to discuss the courses with a staff member.
- Preparing a re-usable demo on some aspect of Informatics that can be used for Open Days and similar events.
- Involvement in the organisation and running of 'virtual open days'.
- Taking part in wider outreach activities, for example, helping during the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
- For those who really don't want to have to interact with school students, a final option could be to volunteer to help with the revision of publicity materials, such as leaflets, brochures or the website.
If you have participated in a recruitment activity that is not noted below, please contact InfComms.
|Academic Fair||UG Open Day 2019||UG Open Day 2019||PG Open Day 2019||Offer Holder Day 2020||
Offer Holder Day 2020
|UG Open Day 2020||Other Activities; AdHoc Visits|
|Van Rossum, Mark|