A summary and table of staff commitment to recruitment events.
All academic staff are required to spend at least 4 hours a year on undergraduate recruitment activities. This commitment can be satisfied by doing one or more of the following:
- Sessions at Post Application Visit Days- PAVDs (one-to-ones), these are usually 1 hr each (3-4pm on PAVD days).
- Sessions at on the Information Desk at the University Open Days, normally 2 hours each.
- Presenting a talk at PAVDs or Open Days (30min talk plus preparation time, i.e. revising the existing slides).
- Giving a talk or presentation at some off-campus careers event (e.g. at a local school).
- Informally talking to applicants and their parents during the process of the PAVDs, either at lunch or during the 1-2-1 times.
- Seeing students who make ad hoc visits and want to discuss the courses with a staff member.
- Preparing a re-usable demo on some aspect of Informatics that can be used for Open Days and similar events.
- Involvement in the organisation and running of 'virtual open days'.
- Taking part in wider outreach activities, for example, helping during the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
- For those who really don't want to have to interact with school students, a final option could be to volunteer to help with the revision of publicity materials, such as leaflets, brochures or the website.
|Academic Fair||Open day||Open Day||PG Open Day||PAVD 1||PAVD 2||
|Other Activities (see Above)|
Tues 13 Sept
Sat 24 Sept
|Sat 8 Oct 2016||Wed 16 Nov 2016||Wed 29 March 2017||Wed 5th April 2017||Fri 9th June 2017|
|Anderson, Stuart||2 x Talks (2 hours)||1 x Talk (1 hour)||1 x Talk (1 hour)||1 x Talk (1 hour)|
|Arapinis, Myrto||Crack the Code|
|Armstrong, Douglas||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Bradfield, Julian||[Emergency backup]||2 hours info desk||1 x 1hr info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Bull, Mark||1 hour info desk|
|Cohen, Shay||1 x 1.5hr info desk||
|Cole, Murray||1 talk (30 mins) + 1 hour info desk|
|Cryan, Mary||1 x 2hr info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session||1 x 2h info desk|
|Danos, Vincent||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching|
|Dubach, Christopher||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Fallon, Maurice||1 x 2hr info desk|
1 x 1.5hr info desk
|2 hours info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Franke, Bjoern||1 X Talk (1 hour)|
|1hr 1 to 1 session||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Goddard, Nigel||1 x2 hr info desk|
|Hennig, Mathias||1 x 1hr info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session||Crack the Code|
|Herrmann, Michael||1 Talk (30 mins) + 1 hour info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session||1 x2 hr info desk|
|Hillston, Jane||2 x 30min talks||1 x talk plus 1 x 1 to 1 session||1 x 1hr talk|
|Hospedales, Timothy||1hr 1 to 1 session||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Jackson, Paul||1 Talk (1 hour) + 1 hour info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Kalorkoti, Kyriakos||1hr 1 to 1 session||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Keller, Frank||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Leather, Hugh||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship ends|
|Lee, Myungjin||1 x 1.5hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk|
|1 x 1hr info desk||Crack the Code, INSPIRE, ST Summer School|
|Lucas, Christopher||[Emergency backup]||1 x2 hr info desk|
|Mayr, Richard||1 x 2hr info desk|
|Moore, Johanna||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching|
|Murray, Iain||1 x 2hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk||1hr 1 to 1 session||Crack the Code|
|Oberlander, Jon||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching|
|Pain, Helen||ST Summer School: Organiser / Crack the Code: Organiser|
|Patras, Paul||Talk at EISF in April 2017|
|Rajan, Ajitha||1 hour info desk|
|Ramamoorthy, Subramanian||Sabbatical||Sabbatical||Sabbatical||Sabbatical ends|
|Renals, Steve||1 x 1.5hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk|
|Rovatsos, Michael||1 x 1.5hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk||1 x 2hr info desk||1 x 1hr info desk|
|Sanguinetti, Guido||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship||1hr 1 to 1 session||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship|
1 x 2hr info desk
|1 x 2hr info desk||Talk at Peking University on 14 Oct about our 3+2 degree programme|
|Sarkar, Rik||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Series, Peggy||1 x 1.5hr info desk||
|Simpson, Ian||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching|
|Stevens, Perdita||1hr 1 to 1 session||1 x2 hr info desk|
|Stirling, Colin||1 x2 hr info desk|
|Storkey, Amos||1 Talk (30 mins) + 1 hour info desk|
|Tate, Austin||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship||Fellowship ends|
|Topham, Nigel||1 Talk (1 hour)|
|Van Rossum, Mark||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Vaniea, Kami||Crack the Code, INSPIRE|
|Viglas, Stratis||Sabbatical||Sabbatical||Sabbatical||Sabbatical ends|
|Webb, Barbara||Talk (1 hour)||1hr 1 to 1 session|
|Williams, Chris||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching||No teaching|
|Wolters, Maria||1 x 2hr info desk|