More information on how to contact us in case of special circumstances which might affect students in Informatics.
Special circumstances forms need to be submitted to the Student Support team so that they can be reviewed by the special circumstances committee. You can email the form to us (please ensure that you get an automatic response with a ticket number returned).
You can find more information on special circumstances procedures on the University’s webpage.
We have provided a quick guide to the special circumstances form below:
- List all courses and assessments that have been affected, including submission dates of any affected assessments;
- If any assessments for external courses have been affected, we will send the form to the relevant School. You only need to submit one special circumstances form and this is to the School within which your degree programme is based;
- The evidence provided should be relevant to the dates that have been affected by your special circumstances;
- Please submit your special circumstances form as soon as you are able to. There is no guarantee the Special Circumstances Committee will be able to review your form if submitted after the meeting. You may be able to submit evidence after the form. There are deadlines for receiving the forms; for Semester 1 of 2018/19 this is Monday 14 January 2019, 12 noon.
The University’s policy on Special Circumstances is linked from the procedure page mentioned above. It is important to note the following:
- Section 2 of the policy lists what constitutes a special circumstance. If you are unsure, you can check with the Student Support team;
- Please see section 6 of the special circumstances policy for more information on the evidence requirements and which kinds of evidence hold greater weight;
- There are a limited number of actions that the special circumstances committee can recommend. These are outlined in sections 10 and 11 of the special circumstances policy.