Why you need one and what they do?
Why do I need a Personal Tutor?
Every student has a Personal Tutor (PT), a member of teaching staff who provides academic guidance and support. You can contact your PT by email or telephone, or stop by their office. You can also arrange a face-to-face meeting.
When do I get a Personal Tutor?
You will be allocated a personal tutor at the start of each year.
What do they do?
Your Personal Tutor will, among other things:
- Advise you on course choices;
- Review with you how you performed in your studies;
- Help register you for courses;
- Give you support if unforeseen events or outside circumstances affect your ability to study;
- Write you references for jobs, internships and further study.
Personal Tutor meetings
You have a 1:1 meeting at the start of every semester. You will also meet other tutees as part of a group meeting later in the year.