Equality and Diversity Committee
The Equality and Diversity Committee meets quarterly and is chaired by the Equality and Diversity Coordinator.
Wednesday 19 September 2018 at 11am in the Turing Room.
Provisional - under review.
- General Purpose: Support and promote Equality and Diversity and the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter.
- As Convenor of the Equality and Diversity, the Equality and Diversity Co-ordinator has a seat on our most senior management committee, Strategy Committee.
- Meet 4 times per year.
- Work with the Head of the School and senior colleagues to identify Equality and Diversity priorities of the School, specifically advise Strategy Committee.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the School’s Equality and Diversity strategy and associated action plans and annual resource planning.
- Lead implementation of Equality Impact Assessment of the School and associated practices.
- Consider issues in relation to people with protected characteristics ie. age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation. Liaise with relevant committees as appropriate eg. Building Committee, Health, Safety & Security Committees etc.
- Maintain professional vigilance for new training and development options that may be of interest to the rest of School, for example, mentoring, coaching, training etc.
- Invited contribution to the College and/or the University’s Equality and Diversity development and projects where appropriate.
- Act as a liaison point between the School and the University and the College support groups, Equality and Diversity bodies and functions.
- Working with our Dignity & Respect Advisor, and respecting confidentiality, monitor patterns of bullying or harassment and recommend higher-level responses as appropriate.
- Use local networks and Institute contacts to leverage support for initiatives to promote equality of opportunity within the School.
- Collectively work with our Athena SWAN Implementation Group towards our next Athena SWAN submission.
- Constitute membership of our Athena SWAN self-assessment team (SAT), with additional members of SAT co-opted for key activities.
The Equality and Diversity Committee reports to the School Strategy Committee.
|Bob Fisher||Equality and Diversity Coordinator (Chair)|
|Carol Dow||Co-opted member|
|Jane Hillston||Head of School|
|Martin Wright||Director of Professional Services|
All papers presented to this committee must use the template below:
|19 September 2018|
|5 April 2018|