Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Information on the Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion role.
The Informatics Director of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for leading and championing equality, diversity and inclusion across the School. This includes engagement with broader EDI agenda such as new statutory obligations for Equality Impact Assessments, championing dignity and respect to create an inclusive environment for staff and students. Key responsibilities include:
- Sit on College Equality and Diversity Committee
- Chair and convene School Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Sit on Strategy Committee
- Preparation of an annual EDI plan for approval by Strategy Committee, outlining priorities for the forthcoming year
- Work closely with the School’s Athena SWAN Implementation Coordinator and Director of Professional Services to ensure alignment between Athena SWAN actions and the School’s EDI priorities.
The Director should also work closely with the Director of Professional Services (or nominee) to develop or provide underlying administrative processes to support the School’s equality and diversity priorities.