MSc Programme Director
Information on the MSc Programme Director role.
Responsible for curriculum and programme-level student support for a particular degree programme. This includes:
- Support School and College Admissions and Communications teams by responding to queries about or from applicants and offer holders, in collaboration with the MSc Year Organiser.
- Organize induction and cohort-building activities for the degree programme.
- Review and maintain Degree Programme Tables, Degree Programme Specification documentation, and degree Prospectus information, and support School-level teaching quality assurance activities.
- For courses relevant to the degree, act as a point of contact and provide guidance and feedback for other staff who are preparing relevant course proposals for Board of Studies (BoS).
- Regularly attend BoS meetings as a “core” BoS member and maintain oversight of the courses associated with the programme, and where appropriate liaise with other Schools and changes in those Schools back to Informatics.
- Maintain School-level documentation about degree programmes and specialist areas, including the degree handbook.
- Provide curriculum guidance about the degree to other staff, e.g. Personal Tutors and Year Organisers.