Staff Mental Health
The School recognises the importance of our staff mental health and wellbeing. Staff are welcome to use services below.
The Staff Health and Wellbeing Hub brings together all of the information, resources and services available to our University employees.
There are several colleagues that have attended First Aid Mental Health training run by MHScot, funded by the School. The aim of this training is to look at ways to help others (and ourselves) in the event of anyone developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
The network is aimed at Informatics staff and we encourage students to continue to use their student support contacts via Student Support Team, who have also, or will be, attending this training.
Our Mental Health First Aiders can be contacted at the email below.
Mental Health First Aiders are there to listen, to understand and to signpost where appropriate. Please be assured that this is strictly confidential and if, for any reason, a Mental Health First Aider is required to share your information it would never be done so without your permission.
The list of Mental Health First Aid-trained members for staff are as follows:
- Sam Inch – Staffing Support Manager (currently on maternity leave)
- Jenny O’Donnell – Deputy HR Administration Manager
- Nicki Reid – HR Administration Officer
- Shelly Kennedy - HR Administration Officer
- Patrick Hudson - Senior Graduate School Coordinator
- Jonathan MacBride - IGS Administrative Assistant
- Peggy Series – Personal Chair of Computational Psychiatry
- Ulrich Germann – Senior Computing Officer
- Ricardo de Oliveira Almedia – Research Associate
- Michael Gutmann – Senior Lecturer
- Eilidh Guild – Health and Safety Manager
You are also welcome to contact our Staff Mental Health First Aiders directly.
Mental Health First Aid-trained members for students are as follows (these members are not part of the Staff Mental Health First Aid team):
- Sophie Mills - Student Support Officer
- Marjorie Brewer – Student Advisor
- Suzanne Newall – Student Advisor
- Chloe Downing – Student Advisor