Staff Mental Health
The School recognises the importance of our staff mental health and wellbeing. Staff are welcome to use services below.
People and Money implementation
This information and guidance is still correct and continues to apply until further notice.
There are several colleagues that have attended First Aid Mental Health training run by MHScot, funded by the School. The aim of this training is to look at ways to help others (and ourselves) in the event of anyone developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
Given the current circumstances we find ourselves in, the Mental Health First Aid trainees have pushed to get this network up and running. The network is aimed at Informatics staff and we encourage students to continue to use their student support contacts via Student Support Team, who have also, or will be, attending this training.
Our Mental Health First Aiders can be contacted at the email below.
Mental Health First Aiders are there to listen, to understand and to signpost where appropriate. Please be assured that this is strictly confidential and if, for any reason, a Mental Health First Aider is required to share your information it would never be done so without your permission.
The list of Mental Health First Aid-trained members for staff are as follows:
- Sam Inch – Staffing Support Manager
- Jenny O’Donnell – Staffing Support Officer
- Nicki Reid – Staffing Support Administrator
- Carol Dow – Senior Computing Support Officer
- Patrick Hudson - Senior Graduate School Coordinator
- Jonathan MacBride - IGS Administrative Assistant
- Peggy Series - Senior Lecturer
You are also welcome to contact our Staff Mental Health First Aiders directly.
The list of Mental Health First Aid-trained members for students are as follows (these members are not part of the Staff Mental Health First Aid team):
- Jade Gilhooly - Deputy Teaching Organisation Manager
- Karen Davidson - Student Support Officer
- Sophie Mills - Student Support Officer
- Lisa Branney - Student Support Officer