15. Induction & training
An outline of the safety information provided for new staff, postgraduate students and long-term visitors.
On arrival each new member of staff, postgraduate students will undergo an induction process and are shown the fire exit routes in their building.
Anyone who has not undergone an induction should contact Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Induction consists of:
- Reading the building user guide
- Completing any required mandatory on-line courses
- Completing the online access request form
- Completing a person to person induction tour of your workspace
- Health and Safety Executive Publication Health and Safety Law - What You Should Know
The University Health and Safety Department provides a range of training courses and at School level some in-house training is available (e.g. using hand held power tools, considerations when soldering, etc).
Reviewed: 26/05/22 dch