Funding bodies are increasingly expecting that not just publications but also the data that underlie them should be placed in the public domain, or be accompanied by an appropriate open licence when research is published.
For current information on research data management from Information Services, see:
- The RDM Forum Sharepoint: https://uoe.sharepoint.com/sites/rdmforum/SitePages/Home.aspx
- The University's Research Data Management Policy: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/about/policies-and-regulations/research-data-policy
- The University's Research Data Management Roadmap: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/about/strategy-planning/rdm-roadmap
Research Councils UK (RCUK) published the Concordat on Open Research Data on 28 July 2016, which sets out expectations of good practice in publishing research data openly. Now under UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), the Research Councils continue to support the principles of the Concordat.
Details can be found at:
- The UKRI page on Data Policy: https://www.ukri.org/funding/information-for-award-holders/data-policy/
- The Concordat on Open Research Data: https://www.ukri.org/files/legacy/documents/concordatonopenresearchdata-pdf/