External Review Committee
External Review Committee is tasked with evaluating and assessing the activities, processes and outputs of the CDT from an objective, external perspective.
The committee provides feedback in an formal annual report following a review, which consists of private panel sessions with CDT students, supervisors and the CDT and School of Informatics leadership.
The feedback – a valuable assessment of the CDT’s progress and potential opportunities for growth – is reported to to the Executive Committee to determine the best way to incorporate the ERC’s recommendations.
Members of the External Review Committee are:
Francois Bodin, Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes Aléatoires (Irisa), France
- Professor, Univeristy of Rennes I
- Co-founder & CTO of CAPS Enterprise
Kerstin Eder, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK
- Professor of Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering, Univeristy of Bristol
- Leads the Verification & Validation for Safety in Robots team at the University of Bristol
Koen De Bosschere – Department of Electronics & Information Systems, Ghent University, Belgium
- Professor, Department of Electronics & Information Systems, Ghent University, Belgium
- Group Leader, System Software Lab
John Goodenough – ARM
- VP Technology Collaboration & Standard
Richard Jones – University of Kent, UK
- Professor of Computer Systems, School of Computing
- Associate Dean of Sciences (Research & Innovation)
(Observer) Adam Luqmani – The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Portfolio Manager, Information & Communication Technologies
- Member of the CDT’s Steering Committee
- As our EPSRC portfolio manager, Adam participates in the annual ERC evaluation sessions as an observer.