The University provides partner organisations with a number of opportunities to collaborate with our staff and students
The University provides partner organisations with a number of opportunities to collaborate with our staff and students.
All our CDT students collaborate with public and private sector partners, and sometimes we have recruited students to specifically work on PhD projects in collaboration with partners.
The CDT's students also undertake internships with the CDT's public and private sector partners.
We are delighted to be working with the following partners to provide PhD students with outstanding real-world problem domains in which to develop and test data science and AI methods:
- AlertMe.Com Ltd.
- Amazon Development Centre (Scotland) Ltd.
- Amor Group (a Lockheed Martin Company)
- Apple Inc.
- Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland
- Bloomberg, Inc.
- Brightsolid Online Technology Ltd.
- Carnego Systems Ltd.
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Cloudsoft Corporation Ltd.
- Connected Digital Economy Catapult
- Digital Curation Centre
- Digital Health Institute
- Financial Times
- Freescale Semiconductor, UK Ltd.
- Google Deepmind
- Google Inc.
- HSBC Bank plc
- IBM United Kingdom Ltd.
- J. P. Morgan
- James Hutton Institute
- Keysight Technologies Ltd.
- Logicblox Inc.
- Microsoft Research Ltd.
- Open Data Institute
- Oracle Corp.
- Pharmatics Ltd.
- Psymetrix Ltd.
- Quorate technology Ltd.
- Roslin Institute
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc
- Scottish Power Ltd
- Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance
- Selex ES ltd. (a Finmeccanica Company)
- Skyscanner Ltd.
- Teradata International
- Time Out Group Ltd.
- UCB Celltech – The UK branch of UCB S.A
- Xerox Research Centre Europe
- Yahoo! Labs Barcelona