Information on course registration for 5th year students.
Informatics course registration
DEADLINE = FRIDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2018, 5:00pm (WEEK 2)
Your Personal Tutor will register your course choices, you can plan your course choices and send to your Personal Tutor using PATH. All Honours and MSc students must complete course registration as soon as possible, the deadline for informing your Personal Tutor is the end of Week 1.
For guidance on using PATH, please view the video 'Using the Programme Builder'. Once you have made your selection please click the bright yellow button which says 'Send to my Personal Tutor' and an email will be sent to your Personal Tutor with your selection, they will then add your course choices to your student record to register you on each course.
Students registering for the 3rd year of an Informatics degree must register for exactly 120 points of level 9/10 courses. If you are missing credits from years 1 or 2, you must also register for the appropriate level 7/8 courses to make up those credits..
Students registering for the 4th year of an Informatics degree must register for exactly 120 points.
Students registering for the 5th year of the MInf degree must register for exactly 120 points.
Students registering for one of the Informatics MSc degree programmes must register for exactly 180 points.
CDT students registering for the 1st year taught component must register for exactly 180 points.
PhD students wishing to take an Informatics course should follow these guidelines PGR Taught Course Registration.
- Visiting Students normally take 120 credits for the full year or 60 credits for one semester, and should contact their Personal Tutor for course registrations/amendments - there is no need to fill out the course registration form detailed below.
Although you must select courses for both Semester 1 and Semester 2, please note that these choices are not binding at this stage, but allow us to ensure that all class, email and exam lists are as up-to-date as possible. You may amend your course selection at any point up to the deadline, and there is another opportunity at the start of Semester 2 to amend your second semester courses.
It is your responsibility to check that you have chosen an appropriate set of courses (equalling the correct number of points and accessible via the course timetable) to meet your degree requirements . You must ask your Personal Tutor to approach the School Curriculum Approval Officer, Stephen Gilmore, if you require special permission to take a course which is not normally available to you.
Informatics course confirmation
DEADLINE = FRIDAY 25th JANUARY 2019 (WEEK 2), 12:00pm noon.
All students should have registered for a full set of courses at the start of semester 1. You are encouraged to double-check your online student record through MyEd to confirm that your course choices are accurate and up-to-date. If you wish to make any changes to your enrollment, please email your Personal Tutor as soon as possible, and in any case by Wednesday 23rd January, 12:00pm noon. After this date we cannot change course registration.
It is important that all students are registered for the right number of courses, measured in SCQF credit points:
- Students in year 3 of an Informatics degree must register for exactly 120 points of level 9/10 courses, plus any level 7/8 credits required to make up a deficit from years 1 or 2.
- Students in year 4 or 5 of an Informatics degree (including MInf) must register for exactly 120 points.
- Students studying on one of the Informatics MSc degree programmes must register for exactly 180 points.
- CDT students registering for the 1st year taught component must register for exactly 180 points.
- PhD students who wish to take an Informatics course should follow the PGR taught course registration guidelines.