Artificial Intelligence and its Applications Institute (AIAI) is a community of researchers working on the foundations of artificial intelligence and autonomous systems, and their application to real-world problems.
AIAI is one of six research institutes within the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. Research in AIAI focuses on the following topics (among others):
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Automated and interactive theorem proving
- Decision making in autonomous agents and multi-agent systems
- Human-computer interaction
- Facilitating collaboration in data-intensive research
- AI for privacy, fairness, and ethical reasoning
AIAI hosts several research groups which conduct cutting-edge research in the above areas.
We have an international track record in addressing problems in healthcare, scientific collaboration, social computing, emergency systems, transportation, engineering, aerospace, environmental sciences, manufacturing, and others.