CDT NLP External Advisory Board
Members of the External Advisory Board
The CDT NLP External Advisory Board provides independent advice to the CDT Executive Team, ensuring it operates smoothly and efficiently and to the benefit of the students and the CDT programme.
The Board meets annually with the CDT team, students and faculty to provide an independent written report to UKRI and the CDT team on the progress, effectiveness and successes of the programme, as well as making suggestions for enhancement.
The members of the CDT NLP External Advisory Board currently are:
- (Chair) Prof Hinrich Schütze - Chair of Computational Linguistics, ACL President, Director of the Centre for Information and Language Processing at the University of Munich
- Prof Regina Barzilay, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Prof Stephen Clark, Research Scientist at DeepMind; Honorary Professor at Queen Mary University of London.
- Joanne Humphries, Portfolio Manager, ICT Theme, UKRI/EPSRC
- Prof Paola Merlo, University of Geneva; Editor of the Computational Linguistics journal
- Prof Mari Ostendorf, System Design Methodologies, University of Washington