Portfolio Management Team
An introduction to the Portfolio Management (Research Support) team: who we are, what we do and how to contact us.
The Portfolio Management team (Caroline Hastings, Carrie McNamee, Louise Foster, Laura Rich, Joanne Pennie, Fiona Williams and Barry Turner) provides support for and management of research grant activity in the School of Informatics. Each Portfolio Manager works with one or more institutes, though they also work as a team to ensure cover. They are the first point of contact for the research community from funding opportunity through to close of a research project. Support provided includes:
- funding opportunities, queries
- research grant proposal preparation and costing (including funder, partner, legal liaison)
- financial management of research grant portfolios and institute budgets
- research staff contract extensions and end of employment process
- advertisement of research grant funded positions
- appointment of research staff, in collaboration with Human Resources
- commitment of studentship funds and offers, in collaboration with the Graduate School
The same process applies for any research application, bid or tender, whether you are applying for a fellowship or a research grant, a studentship or travel funding, to a charity, national, international or commercial funder or a Research Council, and whether you are the Principal Investigator or a Co-Investigator on a project.