Information on the Coordinator of Distance Education role.
Coordination with others at School and University level in the development of the University strategy on Distance Education, developing the tools and student interaction methods that will be employed, and considering appropriate educational material that can be presented through distance learning at high quality. The duties include:
- Awareness of University policy and liaison between School and University in the development of distance education.
- Awareness and communication of international best-practice and innovation in distance education.
- Input to and experimentation with proposed and chosen virtual learning environment platforms, technology and media.
- Establish a policy and mechanism to protect and make available resources created which could support distance education.
- Investigate ways to create and share local and distance education mechanism and resources.
- Liaise with teachers and innovators in Informatics to encourage the growth in distance learning as one delivery mechanism for relevant courses.
- Liaise with Informatics commercialisation and business development to develop business models for distance education relevant to Informatics.