Student Support Coordinator
Information on the Student Support Coordinator role.
The responsibilities of the Student Support Coordinator (SSC) include:
- To coordinate the School's portfolio of student support mechanisms, including INFBase.
- To act as a central point of contact for students and staff who provide student support.
- To interact with other University groups and support services on student support matters.
- To coordinate recruitment, training, and implementation of student support schemes, including the annual training of tutors, and steering PGR PCD scheme students on the teaching theme.
- To monitor the effectiveness of current support mechanisms and collect feedback.
- To maintain an online Student Support Guide and manage materials and documentation.
In carrying out these duties, the SSC will be supported by the ITO, which helps with recruitment and contracting of helpers and trainers, organises (revision) tutorial groups, labs, PAVD/Open Days, and assists with data collection for monitoring purposes.
The SSC reports to the Director of Teaching.