Information relating to the Deputy Director of the Graduate School role.
- Theon Database
- Theon Portal
- PGR Annual Reports List
- IGS web pages
- PGR Student Reps Wiki
- PGR Student Reps
- Endorse (and sign) PhD/MPhil External Examiner nominations; ensure that overseas examiners have paperwork required by UKBA.
- Approve supervisor change requests.
- Approve interruptions/suspensions/extensions
- Attend monthly College PhD Exam Board Committee and CRTC meeting.
- Review, update and maintain information on the IGS website.
- Attend biweekly IGS Meeting.
- Induction week: talk + oversight of week 0 programme. t
- Networking Events: Firbush, Summer BBQ, CompuCast, Week 1. These activities are largely organised by the students; Dhogs provides support.
- Prizes: Coordinate internal nominations/selections for dissertation prizes: e.g., BCS, FoLLI and approximately 8 others.
- Student Reps: Identify PhD student reps; meet them once a semester.
- Attend School PGR selection meetings.
- Other: Misconduct, decisions on poorly performing students, College CRTC attend (with HoGS).
PhD Progression and Development
- Annual Review cycle: Read and sign student annual progress reports. Advice supervisors on actions for resolving student problems that are identified on the forms.
- Insitute PhD Review Meetings: Remind institutes to hold these meetings in July; attend them.
- Transkills Courses
- Liaise with IAD to decide on the curriculum of Informatics transkills courses.
- Seek volunteers for delivering the transkills courses.