Quantum Informatics studies the structure, the behaviour, and the interactions of quantum technology.
The central focus of the Quantum research is the transformation of quantum information, especially to and from its classical form. Understanding quantum informational phenomena enables quantum technology, which promises unparalleled speed and security.
Among its many aspects, the Edinburgh Quantum Informatics group focuses on the following:
- How can we verify quantum hardware?
- How can we express quantum software in a scalable way?
- How can we secure protocols against quantum adversaries?
- How can we guarantee the security of distributed quantum protocols?
- How can we understand the foundations of quantum informatics in the first place?
We are always on the lookout for new and exciting uses of quantum informatics.