Director of People & Culture
Information on the Director of People & Culture role.
The Informatics Director of People & Culture is responsible for leading and championing equality, diversity and inclusion across the School, including EDI (as relevant to staff and students), Athena Swan (staff and students) and staff engagement (staff only).
Key responsibilities include:
- Member of School Strategy Committee
- Chair of School People & Culture Committee
- Member of College Equality & Diversity Committee (shared with Deputy Director People & Culture).
- Engagement with broader EDI agenda such as statutory obligations for Equality Impact Assessments
- Develop and implement (with People & Culture Committee) priorities for the School to improve EDI (including Athena Swan actions required to maintain award, and staff engagement identified from staff surveys and other focus groups)
Student engagement activity is out of the scope of the People & Culture directorship and committee, recognising that there is often overlap between EDI activity and student engagement activity.