Subject Area Coordinator
Information on the Subject Area Coordinator role.
Staff assigned to this position are asked to perform the following minor admin duties:
- Responsible for taught curriculum in a subject area
- Manage lifecyle of courses, Degree Programme Tables and Degree Programme Specification documentation
- Guide development and design of new courses and degrees
- Carry out curriculum-related projects, such as restructuring of a year, changes in project work, joint degrees etc.
- Liaise with other Schools on shared degrees and feed information about changes in those Schools back to Informatics
- Maintain School-level documentation about degree programmes
- Produce annual reports during the summer vacation (for inclusion in the School QA report)
- Support School-level Teaching Quality Assurance activities
- Provide curriculum guidance to other staff, e.g. Personal Tutors, and Year Organisers