Information on the School’s Sustainability Coordinator role.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the School’s response to the University’s Sustainability priorities, and to promote sustainability across the School to ensure all staff and students are maximising the potential to work and live sustainably.
- Lead the development of the School’s Sustainability Action Plan, incorporating work undertaken by School’s Sustainability workshops held in 2021.
- Form and convene a School Sustainability Committee to prioritise and oversee implementation of actions; develop/recommend School policy (for approval by Strategy Committee) and guidelines and promote sustainability within the School through sustainability events, communication and workshops.
- Monitor School sustainability metrics (eg. reduction in travel or emissions; other measures identified through action plan)
- Act as School liaison point with University’s SRS Department
- Input and monitor School sustainability research activity in consultation with Director of Research; and sustainability within our curriculum/teaching in consultation with Director of Teaching.
- Annual report for Strategy Committee on School alignment/contribution to UN Sustainability Goals and university goals.
- Member of the School’s Buildings Committee to input into sustainability of our buildings and facilities.
This is a new role for 2022/23 and the post holder will work with the Director of Professional Services to develop the remit and membership of the School Sustainability Committee and secretarial support for that Committee. It is likely that the role responsibilities will be refined and amended as the School’s sustainability actions are embedded within the School.