Director of Quality
Information on the Director of Quality role.
The Director of Quality (DoQ) takes responsibility for the implementation, maintenance and review of quality assurance processes in the School and their impact on enhancement in undergraduate and postgraduate taught and research curriculum and student experience across all modes of delivery, advising the School Strategy Committee on how these might be further developed and enhanced. DoQ will contribute to discussions of major changes in learning and teaching in the School and College to assess the potential impact on quality. DoQ will also provide expert advice to School colleagues on quality assurance matters including, but not limited to, periodic programme reviews and accreditation visits and represent the School at College and University QA committees and networks.
This role descriptor is based on the University’s Director of Quality Role Descriptor. Inconsistencies between the University’s role descriptor and the School’s role descriptor should be discussed and agreed between the College Dean of QA and Head of School.
Director of Quality Role Descriptor
- Support the School in developing and implementing quality assurance processes which align with the University’s quality framework and take an active role in enhancement activity.
- Ensure the effectiveness of annual monitoring, reporting and review processes in the School and report on and monitor outcomes and actions; work closely with the School’s Student Services team to implement University QA procedures and prepare annual reports required by the University.
- Be closely involved in the management of School learning and teaching, mainly as a member of Teaching Committee and Board of Studies.
- Liaise with School Strategy committee to ensure that the content of the School’s annual quality report is central to School strategy, through provision and discussion of annual report to Strategy Committee.
- Improve consistency of quality assurance processes within the School, working with College Dean of Quality (or equivalent) and the Assistant Principal Academic Standard and Quality Assurance, and membership of the College Quality Assurance Committee.
- Promote good practice in quality assurance and enhancement processes in the School and wider College/University, fostering a strong student-focused quality assurance and enhancement culture.
- Head of School
- Director and Deputy Directors of Teaching
- Director and Deputy Director of Graduate School
- CDT Directors
- MSc Programme Directors and Year Organisers
- Chair of Boards of Examiners
- Head of Student Services
- Graduate School Manager
- Teaching Organisation Manager
- Studentship & Teaching Support Manager